every day at
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
• Smoking is prohibited on all Carson Tahoe Health properties.
• Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
• Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
• People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
• Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
• Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
• Children are allowed in the hospital, but we advise that you check with the patient's nurse if children under the age of 12 will be visiting.
Patients in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Cardiovascular Unit (CVU), and Pediatrics (Peds) may be denied access if a patient's safety is at risk. Visitors to these units will be limited only to immediated family or persons requested by the patient or guardian.
For patient safety, it is important that all visitors adhere to hospital visiting and isolation practices:
• Visitors with signs of a communicable disease or infection (including colds and flu) should not visit patients who are hospitalized.
• Wash your hands when entering and leaving a patients room - hand washing is the most important means of preventing the spread of infection.
• Refrain from sitting on the patient's bed, using the patients' bathroom and handling the patient's personal belongings.
• Only adult family members will be permitted to visit If a patient who has a contagious disease and special isolation precautions will be initiated.
• To protect patients and guests, all visitors will receive instruction on isolation procedures prior to entering an isolation room, including the use of gloves, gowns, masks and other protective furnishings.