Outpatient (Same Day) Care
Outpatient procedures are procedures not requiring an overnight hospitalization. See below for a list of some common outpatient procedures performed at numerous Carson Tahoe Facilities. Click the links for more information about each specific service line.
Cardiology – Carson Tahoe Cardiology provides numerous outpatients procedures related to the heart
Cath/Vascular Lab – Part of the Carson Tahoe Heart Institute, our state-of-the-art Cath/Vascular Lab provides minimally invasive treatments for the entire region
Imaging – Learn more about each specific imaging service (i.e. MRI, CT Scan, Ultrasound) and our multiple convenient locations
Lab – Full service laboratory services at five convenient locations
Nutrition Services – A one-on-one meeting with our registered dietitians can help you come up with a nutrition plan for to lose weight and live healthier.
Sports Medicine (Orthopedics) – Learn more about our comprehensive orthopedic services including advanced surgical and non-surgical approaches to a variety of orthopedic conditions.
Surgery Centers – Advanced, same-day surgeries backed by the entire Carson Tahoe Health system, at Carson Tahoe Sierra Surgery and Carson Tahoe Surgery Center.
Therapy – Carson Tahoe has a team of medical professionals that specialize in physical, occupational and speech therapy
Wound Care – Treatments available to heal and repair long term injuries, infections and lesions.
Common Outpatient Procedures
- Ultrasound Guided Biopsies: biopsy procedure that uses an ultrasound imaging device to find an abnormal area of tissue and guide its removal for examination under a microscope.
- Endoscopy: Viewing the inside of a body cavity (eg, colon) with an endoscope, a device using flexible fiber optics. Common endoscopy procedures include Bronchoscopies and Colonoscopies
- Centesis: Withdrawing fluid from a body cavity for examination. Common centesis procedures include Thoracentesis (lungs) and Paracentesis (abdomen)
- Infusions: Introducing a solution into the body through a vein for therapeutic purposes. Common infusion therapies include Antibiotic Infusions and Hydration Infusions
- Transfusions: Taking of blood or blood-based products from one individual and inserting them into the circulatory system of another.