Carson Tahoe Nutrition Therapies is operated by a staff of nationally registered, State licensed dietitians schooled in the science of nutrition and food. Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services are offered to help seniors, adults, adolescents and children to improve their nutrition and prevent the onset or progression of disease or improve eating habits for personal and physical well being.
For more information or to set up an appointment for a nutritional consultation, please call (775) 445-5500.
Individual Counseling Services Available
We pride ourselves on providing nutrition advice that is explained in practical terms you can use everyday to help you feel your best and have plenty of energy. Nutrition is also one of the best things you can do to prevent and control many health problems. Let us help you with nutrition concerns related to…
- Heart Disease Risk Factors (Abnormal Cholesterol, High Triglycerides, Hypertension)
- Diabetes and Related Conditions (Type II Diabetes, Insulin Resistance)
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (Crohn’s Disease, Celiac Disease, Gluten Intolerance, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Weight Management (Weight Loss, Weight Gain, and Weight Maintenance)
Group Classes and Education
This is a fun way to learn thought provoking ideas about how to eat and have hands on experience in techniques you can apply at home.
- Intuitive Eating
- Family Meal Planning Strategies
- Monthly Nutrition and Food Demos
- Nutrition and Health Lectures
- Chronic Disease Self Management
Program and Service Involvements
If you are already enrolled in one of our healthcare programs, nutrition support and education is available to help with your recovery and improve your quality of life.
- Acute Care Nutrition Interventions for our hospitalized patients
- Long Term Acute Care Nutrition Support
- Behavioral Health Nutrition Education
- Ambulatory Infusion Center Nutrition Support
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Nutrition Education
- Certified Diabetes Education Program Support
- Commodities Cooking Class
Media and Web-based Contributions
- Video responses
Healthy Food Assistance
Carson Tahoe supports and participates in local community efforts to provide for our area residents in need. We work closely with Healthy Communities Coalition, Healthy Living:Up2Me, Friends in Service Helping(FISH), and Remote Area Medical(RAM). Additionally, we donate fresh produce harvested from our garden at the Regional Medical Center
Have a nutrition question you would like answered? Send it to us on our Facebook page.
Additional Questions & Answers
Is a Master Cleanse Diet a Good Way to Lose Weight? – A video response from Dietitian Kim Mason
Which Foods Can Help Reduce Acne? – A video response from Dietitian Renee Bauer
How to Make Kale Taste Good with Healthy Recipes – A video response from Dietitian Kim Mason
Nitrates in Hot Dogs – Can They Make You Sick? – A video response from Dietitian Martha Holland
What Foods Provide Energy without Weight Gain? – A video response from Dietitian Kim Mason
How Can I Add Protein to Breakfast & Is Juicing Healthy? – A video response from Dietitian Renee Bauer
What’s the Deal with Kale? – A healthy kale recipe and an explanation as to why it is so healthy
Food Serving Size, What’s the Magic Portion? – Discover what an actual healthy portion size is
Where Does Salt Fit in My Diet? – Advice on how salt fits into everyone’s diet.
A Dietitian’s Take on the Paleo Diet – A look into the increasingly popular “Caveman Diet”