Carson Tahoe Health’s dedicated employees believe that how care is delivered is as important as the services themselves…and that same care continues long after you have left our facilities. Carson Tahoe understands that medical care is frequently unexpected and we wish to extend to our customers every possible method to meet financial obligations.
The Patient Financial Services Department is your link to timely, skillful, and responsive financial assistance. Carson Tahoe is pleased to offer payment plans that will help reduce the pressure of your healthcare obligations.
For our uninsured patients:
Billed charges for services received at Carson Tahoe Health will be discounted 30%.
Financial Assistance Program for Uninsured Patients
Carson Tahoe Health has a Financial Assistance Program available that will help to further reduce the cost of your services.
- Care being discounted must be medically necessary (non-elective).
- Patients must provide support of financial need based upon current federal poverty guidelines.
- Patients must attest that they do not qualify for government assistance programs and/or third party payment programs, health savings or medical savings accounts that would cover their share of cost.
- Patients must be at or below 400 percent of the current Federal Poverty Guidelines found at website: www.aspe.hhs.gov/poverty
Limitations on charges
Once you are approved, your billed charges will be reduced to the average discounted rate determined by the Medicare program. This discount will be updated annually.
Your final discount is then based upon:
You income and family size as compared to the current annual Federal Poverty Guidelines, this information can be found on line at: www.aspe.hhs.gov/poverty
Poverty Level: Discount applied:
0 – 200% 100% discount of remaining balance.
201 – 300% 75% discount of remaining balance
301 – 400% 50% discount of remaining balance
Greater than 400% 25 % discount of remaining balance
If you are considering applying for the program or would like to discuss this option further, please contact one of our financial counselors at (775) 445-8609 or (775) 445-7550.
YOUR PATIENT RIGHTS:
You are entitled to receive a full copy of the Financial Assistance Program as well as our Collection Policy / Guidelines. This information can be provided to you via:
- US Mail
- Electronically secured email
- By contacting one of our financial counselors at (775) 445-8609 or (775) 445-7550.
- Visiting any of our Carson Tahoe Health locations
Complaints may be filed with the Nevada Bureau for Hospital Patients:
Office of Consumer Health Assistance
555 E. Washington Ave., Suite 4800
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Phone: (702) 486-3587
Fax: (702) 486-3586
Toll Free: 1 (888) 333-1597
You may also file your complaint in writing by accessing the forms on the website at www.govcha.nv.gov