every day at
Carson Tahoe Behavioral Health Services (BHS) offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services to help seniors, adults, adolescents and children dealing with mental health and substance abuse issues through compassionate, cost-effective care.
Worried that you or a loved one may have a psychiatric condition? To check your symptoms or to find out the conditions we treat, click here.
Services available through BHS include:
• Medical model detox services
• Medication management
• Court ordered evaluations
• Support groups
The Behavioral Health team includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists, chemical dependency counselors and psychiatric nurses. This team uses a holistic approach to treatment and recognizes the importance of mind, body and spirit in overall health. They work closely with others involved with the patient's treatment, such as referring clinicians, family, friends and others who comprise the patient's support system.
Referrals & Assessments
Patients are accepted for treatment 24 hours a day. Confidential assessments and referrals are available free of charge, either by phone or in person, to determine appropriateness for programs. Referrals can be made from many sources, like hospitals, physicians, mental health agencies, social service agencies, assisted living facilities, skilled nursing facilities, family, friends, and self-referrals. All inquiries are strictly confidential.
To get started, consider the following:
• Assessment and Evaluation: Inquiries made to BHS are evaluated by an assessment counselor to develop the best plan of action for the individual. To request an inpatient assessment call (775) 445-7350.
• For outpatient services call (775) 445-7756.
• Information and Referral: If the individual is not appropriate for inpatient treatment they are referred to a source that will best address their needs.
• Crisis Intervention: For those situations that need crisis intervention BHS supplies a 24-hour hotline to call when you or a loved one needs help. The crisis hotline is (775) 885-8866 or (800) 283-7671.
• Physician Collaboration: BHS will work with the patient’s primary physician to make sure the patient is getting optimum care.
Services and programs are tailored to fit the age, lifestyle and needs of patients:
• Outpatient Services include individual, couple, family and group counseling.
• Partial Hospitalization Program provides daily therapeutic interventions for adults who need an alternative to or are transitioning from inpatient hospitalization. Treatment sessions are typically up to five hours per day, five days a week.
• Intensive Outpatient Treatment is a step-down from other more intensive levels of treatment such as inpatient or partial hospitalization. Treatment is based on need and individual sessions may be up to five hours. Morning and evening schedules are offered.
• Child and Family services provide outpatient mental health and substance abuse evaluations and treatment for children and adolescents.
Other Related Articles: