For any of us, chest pain or extreme fever could require emergency attention. In these and similar scenarios, emergency care should be immediately available and compassionately delivered.
At Carson Tahoe’s Emergency Department, patients will be treated in a timely and compassionate manner, thanks to the following features:
• Expanded capacity including a FastTrack ER
• An efficient triage system
• High tech ancillary services
• Dedicated emergency care professionals
Triage is the process by which an Emergency Room RN considers the severity of patient complaints and determines treatment priority.
• Upon arrival at the emergency department, a patient will fill out a few simple forms, and discuss their chief complaint with a triage nurse
• Patients with urgent, yet non life-threatening, medical concerns will be admitted to the six-bay (bed) FastTrack ER area, staffed by a physician’s assistant or a nurse practitioner, as well as a registered nurse.
• Patients with life-threatening conditions will be seen by one of Carson Tahoe’s board-certified emergency medicine physicians
ER – Bigger, Better, Beautiful, and Elevated by a Progressive Design
• 18 standard emergency bays
• 6 Fast Track ER bays, the only ones of their kind in the region
• Individual patient bays are much larger with medical equipment that conveniently lowers down from the ceiling, making it easier for staff to maneuver around the patient
• A five-bed observation unit will provide an area for testing and observation of patients who need to be monitored but not admitted to the hospital
• Staffed by emergency physicians 24 hours a day
• Care Flight access with rooftop helipad
• The department’s soothing color scheme with oversized windows overlooking the Carson vista will help provide an aesthetic sense of calmness during a stressful time
Carson Tahoe Emergent Care, Minden
Emergent care provides the emergency equipment along with the most professionally trained staff who can quickly diagnose and treat a disease at its most decisive stage. Carson Tahoe Minden Medical Center is the only licensed, stand-alone Emergency Room in Nevada. This allows us to provide life saving critical care in an emergency situation. Emergent care centers are capable of treating a range of conditions, from a sore throat to chest pain stabilization.
Minden Medical Center
925 Ironwood Drive
Carson Tahoe is a network supported by Carson Tahoe Urgent Care which has expanded our range of services. To find urgent care locations near you, click here.
Is the Emergency Room right for me?
Click here to find the right level of care.
Other Related Articles:
Why do I Have to Wait So Long at the E.R.?
The Flu - When you Stay Home & When to Seek Treatment
Is it a Heart Attack? Symptoms Differ Between Men and Women
Just Another Day in the ER?
Who Can I See When My Doctor is Booked?
Clinic at Walmart, Now Open in Carson City, Nevada
Carson Tahoe Health Comes to Gardnerville with Third "Clinic at Walmart"